Open Data are a sort of data which can be entered freely by anybody: they haven’t got any licences or other control forms limiting their reproduction; their copyright limitations may force to name the source or releasing any transformations following the same way. Open Knowledge Foundation Open Definition project states the Open Data as «a content or a datum is open when anybody is able to use it, use it again and redistribute it; it could be subjected -at maximum- to attribution and sharing request following the same way».
The Open Data often refer to database-shaped informations and they address the most different themes, like: cartography, genetics, chemical compounds, mathematical and science formulas, medical data and practice, bioscience, personal data, public government data, data coming from public subjects through different researches and so on. It is connected to the net and it generates informations (data) whose huge dimension (big) can be used in order to create business analysis, research and development, marketing, etc. The Big Data are considered as “a data storing as much big and complex as different tools than the traditional ones are required to be analyzed and seen.” Their main features are:
- Volume: taking over, memorizing and entering huge data volumes skills;
- Speed: data analysis in real time o nearby;
- Variety: referring to different data typology, coming from different sources.
Some Open Data and Big Data potentials coming from their analysis are the following:
- Massive services’ customization;
- Quicker answers to market’s trends;
- Real time identification of costs’ optimizations;
- Quicker and more careful decisions;
- Better research and more emphatic development about complex systems.
For further information firstname.lastname@example.org